Thursday, July 29, 2010

Ready for Retreat!



Tomorrow is the beginning of the Drepung Loseling Lam Rim Retreat.  I'm very excited about the opportunity to expand my knowledge and practice, but I'm a little nervous about the prospects of a week of silence.  No computer, no cell, no email, no kids, no dogs, and no wife.  Hmmm, sounds like a vacation but I'll miss those things.  ALOT!  This is my first off site residential retreat, my first chance to immerse myself in the Dharma and really gain some understanding of where I'm at with my practice.  I've read the suggested readings and learned the mantras and now I'm ready for action.  I'm also looking forward to writing about the experience.  Hopefully I'll have some interesting insights into myself and the Dharma so until week after next I'm signing out.  Peace.